Monday, November 15, 2010

Festival Wrap-Up

Went to the Harry Potter screening this afternoon, so I couldn't wrap up the festival until now. Clearly LSIFF has reached that point where it's no longer the new kid on the block with the buzz of novelty. Now they have to keep things going. I didn't experience that "wow" movie this year that I did with previous festivals with Let the Right One In and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. However, I did spot some interesting new talent (Miss Nobody), take in a couple of great performances (Another Year and Everything Must Go), and find a couple of absorbing documentaries that I might have overlooked otherwise (Marwencol and Sons of Perdition). And the Jeff Bridges/T-Bone Burnett concert was a pretty good "wow" moment for the festival. I count this a weekend well spent.

Next year will be LSIFF's fifth anniversary, not a major occasion but worth celebrating all the same. Let's see if doing it helps LSIFF keep the magic going.

No comments: